This year for our December 1st meeting we decided to try something different. We would like everyone to bring your favorite tool or toy to share with everyone. Bring that new 3D smartphone, 3DSi, the old Radio Shack TRS-80 computer in your basement, that new handheld digital oscilloscope, the electric car you’ve been working on, that K&E mahogany slide rule you had in college, or any intriguing bit of technology to share with us. We will arrange tables around the meeting room for you to set up on and if you want to give a short presentation we’ll have the video projector ready. Of course Raffels will lay out a great holiday spread so it will be a great evening. Please let me know what your thinking about bringing and I’ll update this posting with all the stuff.
So far the following items will be at the meeting:
- Handheld digital oscilloscope
- Altair 8800 – 1975 personal computer
- A 1920s and 1960s slide rules and geometry kits
- Examples of some die cast British-made model trains
- A very rare toy hovercraft from 1964, made in England by the same company that made Dinky Toys and other things
- A 1950s windup “perpetual motion” ride (the windup motor betrays it) made by Wolverine
- 1922 RCA Radiola Senior Regenerative Receiver
If you have a gizmo that the members would like to see send me a email and let me know what your bringing.
Add comment October 18th, 2011